About Wicked Cool Baby

WCB has some of the funniest and creative baby shirts, onesies and accessories offered on the web and we are growing all the time! Come see the latest designs we have to offer. Wicked Cool Baby playwear makes great gifts for showers and birthdays or you can outfit your own little cuties! You want your kids to be cool, RIGHT?

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Child Tethering

How do you feel about child tethering?


I'm usually not particularly opposed to this practice, especially in crowded public places, and I do understand the need to keep tabs on an active child, however, I was at a stock car race last weekend (not my cup of tea but went with friends) and I was sitting several rows behind a mother with a 2 year old that was using this "leash" harness in the same fashion you would reserve for a rabid dog. Yanking and telling the child to stay close. At one point she even lifted the child off the ground dangling in the harness. Another woman sitting close by and I exchanged looks.

I guess I have less problem with the item (tether) and more problem with the way some people use them. What do you think?

(And did I mention that this woman had no ear protection for her baby either) tsk tsk

No comments: